The use of English

English has always been a problem for me, not because I do not like it but because I feel very insecure when I speak it. These last weeks have been very complicated because of all my classes and this new way of taking class on line but I must admit english classes were more relaxing. I guess the fact that I didnt feel under scrutiny or pressured so much was a lot of help for me. The blogs have been interesting especially when I have read my class mates work. The subjects have been easy to write about as the contents have all been of personal knowledge.

I really think I must improve my spoken english, everytime I have to speak in english I get very nervous and forget everyting I want to say. During next year if everything goes according to plan I will travel to england for a month and will do the impossible to practice everyday I am there, even if I dont want to practice I will have no choice, who will understand me if I speak in spanish.

Outside of english class I dont usually have the opportunity to speak in english, watching movies help me a lot when it comes to understanding the language but apart from that I dont have any other helpful situations. 

Maybe if I had had english more often in school things would be different now. I have friends in my university that speak the language very well but they dont often practise it. Its a shame not to have more spaces where we can interact with english speaking students, this would be really helpful for all of us. If all goes well one of my longterm plans is to live in Australia so I need to improve my vocabulary during the next years.



Comentarios

  1. My English is pretty "decent", but I also get super nervous when I have to speak!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog